Monday, July 20, 2009

Cabin Trip July 2009

We were able to take our friends the Richardsons up to the cabin the 10-12 of July. We had tons of fun with great friends!

I drove our van with Jennifer and the kids up Friday morning. I did so well, not speeding, watching blind spots, cautious of other drivers. I even had water squirted on my leg and feet when Emily's sippy cup of water that had pressurized on the trip up squirted on my foot as I was driving. All was great until I got into Prescott Valley. The speed limit changed from 65 to 55 and then there were the cameras a few seconds later! I was slowing down, but I was going about 67, and I got flashed by the speeding camera. As of yet, I haven't received a ticket, but I know its coming soon. :( The bummer part is I was going with traffic, so either they catch all of us, or none of us, right? We shall see.

Friday we played around the cabin, set stuff up, started the Clam Chowder/Potato Soup, and played with crafts.


The Robs arrived at 9:30 that night, and we sent the kids off to bed. Emily was so tired after playing all day with her friends that she had a fitful night and didn't calm down and really sleep until 2:30. So I was up really late that Friday night. Poor girl, me and Emily.

Saturday we set off for an adventure. We played in the park, walked in the dry creek bed and went looking for pinecones. Then we saw a flyer for Mary Poppins at the Fire House in Groom Creek. I knew the general area of the Fire House, but not the exact location. So on with the adventure! We ended up not finding it, but we decided to go "off roading" and cut through the "wilderness" back to the cabin. It took longer than we expected, and Robby ended up carrying Nathan on his shoulders most of the way, but we had a great time looking at nature up close. That night the Richardsons watched our kids for us so that we could take a walk for a little date. It was wonderful. We walked up Old Miner's road and found the old mine up there. Robby didn't have his flash light, so he was sad he couldn't explore. We saw a deer on the road walking up, and she was beautiful. I was sad because the kids couldn't see it. But the time alone was great, and we were able to enjoy nature at the same time!

Sunday we packed up in the morning and then set off for another adventure. We decided to take the kids up to the mine, and this time Robby remembered his flashlight. He walked in to explore and said the opening goes in about 100 ft. At the very end there was a mail box that had Geo Cash stuff inside, so he put our last name and the date, and that was exciting for Robby to play the "I was here" game. We got lucky and saw a deer on our walk up this time with everyone, and she just stared at us, but then again she was across the creek on the other side far away! In the afternoon it started raining, and so we sent the kids outside to play while we finished getting things cleaned up. I love the smell of rain in the mountains! There is nothing like it. Plus it dropped the temperature by at least 10 degrees, and brought a great breeze into the cabin!









The trip home was great, no incidents! Both kids fell asleep on the way, then slept all night long! We can't wait to go up again in a few weeks with some more friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment