Friday, May 21, 2010

Teacher Appreciation

Emily has loved preschool this year! She went 5 days a week and loved learning and being with all her friends. Emily loved snack time the most though! When I would ask what she did in school that day, she would say "I don't know/I don't remember", but she would always remember in perfect detail who brought the snack and what the snack was! Silly girl!!! Miss Heidi and Miss Sicely have done great things with and for Emily and we will really miss them when Emily starts Kindergarten in August!


Since they have done so many wonderful things for Emily, I wanted to do something great to show how special they are to us. But of course I couldn’t do just one thing…oh no, I had to do several! I just kept finding ideas, and I think I went a little overboard. But the teachers really appreciated all the spoiling and Emily and I had a great time creating them all!

This is a clipboard that I covered with scrapbook paper and then mod podged over. I tied ribbons at the top to add a little flair. I took the scrap paper and covered the top of the pad of paper to match. I also covered the inside of the pen with scrap paper to complete the set. Then I wrote a little thank you note on the first sheet of the pad.
Clipboard and pad of paper: http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/12/08/decorated-clipboards/
Decorated pen: http://chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com/2010/04/prettying-up-regular-pens.html


I took Swedish Fish candies and put them in a snack size bag. I then printed out the label “You are o”fish”ally the best!” and tied it on the bag.
Source: http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2010/04/quick-cheesy-teacher-appreciation-gifts.html


I purchased a large Hershey’s chocolate bar and removed the wrapper and covered it in scrapbook paper and then glued the label on that said “You deserve chocolate!! (Thanks for all you do)”
Source: http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2010/04/quick-cheesy-teacher-appreciation-gifts.html


I love A&W Rootbeer and thought this idea was so cute! Instead of buying the soda, I found A&W Rootbeer ice pops. So we glued on the label that said “My teacher is AW-esome” and then tied a pretty bow.
Source: http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2010/04/quick-cheesy-teacher-appreciation-gifts.html


I then put them all together in a cute bag I found at the dollar store.


Emily found this idea in the Friend (children’s church magazine) and insisted on making it for her teachers. She had so much fun painting and really got into her work. We took cardboard egg cartons and cut the individual egg sections out. Then we painted the outside with one color, let it dry, and then painted the inside with a different color. Then we attached pipe cleaners as the stem and put tissue paper on the inside of the “flower” to add more color and dimensions! Emily was so proud of her work! We gave the teachers a bouquet of six flowers, and then Emily made this one for herself.
Source: http://lds.org/Static%20Files/PDF/Magazines/Friend/English/2010/FR_2010_04_09___09264_000_012.pdf


Last, but not least, we took large pretzel sticks, broke them in half and then dipped them into colored white chocolate to make edible crayons. I then covered them in paper to complete the crayon look. The crayon label said “CrayonEatr”. Emily and Nathan got involved and had tons of fun. I had to stop Nathan from helping, because he was helping himself to bites instead of putting them on the wax paper to dry! Then we put them into a pencil container lined with wax paper. Miss Heidi took a bite of her crayons as soon as she opened the box!
Source: http://www.gourmetmomonthego.com/2008/08/runs-with-scissors-and-eats-crayons.html


7 comments:

  1. Okay. . .seriously?? You need to stop making the rest of us look so bad!!! Those were the CUTEST ideas EVER!!! I loved them! Forget the teachers - I totally want to make me a clipboard like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what amazing ideas! And, the crayons turned out great! You are one busy mama, all the teachers are going to want to have you as a room parent.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I haven't seen any teacher gifts that could even come close to these!! Wow, Kim!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those crayons are darling! YUM! Love that you made the clipboard and pens match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE all the ideas!! I am so stealing at least one for my kids' teachers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I love them. I tried to email you those pics for the job chart, but it said it was undeliverable. Email me at le7139@gmail.com and then I can send them to you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these ideas! I came across you page and was wondering if you could help me. You had posted a comment on http://www.hotpinkpansy.com/2009/12/day-6-promise.html

    I was wondering if you still have that file. I have contacted Andi and she unfortunately lost the kit that she made it with. If you have it could you please email it to me? My email is sherawright@gmail.com Thanks you so mcuh!

    And know I'm going to make some of these great treats for Valentine's day! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete