Sunday, December 20, 2009

Birthday Girl!

This week has been getting everything finished and ready for Christmas and Emily's Birthday. Emily has been out of school, and the kids have enjoyed having the run of the house. I was feeling better from being sick starting Tuesday, and I think now that is Sunday again, that I am finally feeling better.

Monday Dec. 14
Emily and Nathan took it easy today because I was still feeling yucky and started out by watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp-Emily's favorite movie. They decided to empty the toys out of the baskets and sit in them. Then after the movie, Nathan bumped into Emily who had an open bottle of red fingernail polish, and it spilled on the tile. Robby and I quickly got out the nail polish remover, and started wiping it up. We got most of it off, with only a small light pink spot.





Tuesday Dec. 15
Today I ran errands this morning with Emily. Emily and I had a good conversation about death and I was able to talk about the Plan of Salvation and that we can be with the ones we love after we die. She was in tears knowing that she would miss her Gran-Nana, but grateful she could see her again because Jesus was resurrected and then she started crying because she misses Jesus. It was a great conversation that brought us closer together. After the kids went to bed I made Amish Friendship bread. Yummy!



Wednesday Dec. 16
Tonight Robby got his new toy. Intouch Technology now has a UPS battery that is an uninteruptable power supply that will run for an estimated 30 minutes after the power goes out for us to safely shutdown our server farm. It came on it's own pallet, and easily ways over 70 pounds. Robby tried to give himself a hernia trying to pick it up!



Thursday Dec. 17
We ran a major errand run today. We went to the post office, the dollar store, Wal-mart and Fry's. On the way home I treated us to Whopper Jr.'s and onion rings at Burger King. We don't eat at fast food restaurants very often, and the onion rings have been a big craving of mine.



Friday Dec. 18
I had to return something to Wal-mart so I picked up a "birthday surprise" for Emily of Popcorn Shrimp. When I got home she proceeded to take the breading off, eating the breading, then eating the little shrimp. She was so dedicated in her work too!



Saturday Dec. 19
Robby had to wire a new outlet for the UPS battery, so he took down the server farm and went for it. I'm so grateful he is talented in so many ways. Tonight we went to the temple and watched mom and her singing group perform. The temple lights are always so pretty, and even with the large crowds, it was great walking around with my little family and enjoying the Christmas season.







Sunday Dec. 20
Today is Emily's 5th birthday. I can't believe my baby is so big! She got a call during breakfast from my mom who sang her Happy Birthday. Church today was filled with the Spirit of Christmas and I shed many tears as the spirit touched my heart. This afternoon my family came over and we had a little party for Emily. She wanted a candle in her ice cream instead of cake. She was blessed with many wonderful gifts: I Spy Books (Jessica/Michael), Headbands (Nathan), Leapster2 and TinkerBelle game (Kathryn), Color Wonder Fingerpaints (My Mom), Puzzle and Dress Up (Mommy and Daddy), Pretend Hair Dryer, curling iron, hair/beauty stuff (Gran-Nana), 6 $1 bills (Granny Pat) and we're waiting for a package to come from Nanny and Papa. After the party Nanny called and talked to Emily to wish her a happy birthday. We delivered some Christmas gifts and then our Home Teachers came over. Emily was so excited from the day that she didn't want to go to bed!





We took another 4 Generation tonight. This is the first picture we took Christmas Eve 2004, when Emily was 4 days old. Look how little she was!



No comments:

Post a Comment