Sunday, December 13, 2009

Whirlwind of a week

Well, it's Sunday again and life is flying by. I saw a post on Facebook that said "I wish time would drive like an old grandma, not fly." That is exactly how I feel, especially at this time of year.

Sunday Dec. 6
Today we went to mom's house and decorated gingerbread houses. This year mom bought premade gingerbread kits. Mom/Kathryn had a sleigh with Santa and reindeer, Michael/Jessica had a house and our family had a train. Right before we started to decorate, Nathan walked up to me, said mom, and then emptied his stomach of his dinner all over the floor. Thank goodness it was tile! We got that cleaned up and started decorating. We laughed, ate too much candy and just had fun being together. Emily got to feed Allison her bottle which made Emily feel like such a big girl!












Monday Dec. 7
Today it rained most of the day. We stayed inside and enjoyed watching it rain and spent the day trying to stay warm. It definitely felt like winter! The internet/cable/phone went in and out all day, so Robby had Cox come out and fix it. Well, at 11:45pm, the power went out for about 15-20 minutes. That reset all the work Cox had done to make the internet/cable/phone function properly. But it made for a lot of business this week because people needed things fixed because of all the rain! (I forgot to take a picture of the rain Monday, but lucky I found one on the internet somone took that day!-Thank you to whoever you are!) We dealt with internet/cable/phone craziness all week until Cox came back out on Friday.



Tuesday Dec. 8
Today I packaged up all 8 packages to be mailed out. My family room looked like a packaging place blew up in there! I'm glad that's done! Now to mail them!



Wednesday Dec. 9
Today I mailed 7 of the 8 packages. I can now say I have to file bankruptcy! No, I'm just kidding, but it did hit the bank pretty hard. The kids and I met my friend Marianne and her daughters EmmaLee and Maycee at the mall. The kids played on the indoor playground and then we had lunch. We had a great time being with friends and none of us wanted to get back to real life! We have too much fun playing!



Thursday Dec.10
Tonight I worked on our Christmas gifts. This year for our neighbor, friend and family gifts, we are giving them caramel dip. I got the idea from this blog: http://www.browniescraps.com/blog/2009/11/13/friday-freebie-7/. Robby doesn't like that I turn the house into a humidifier every time I do this! I even had the vent on, and we opened the doors for a few minutes too. I finished them completely on Friday during the day so that we could have the doors open. In Sunday's Relief Society lesson they had Gifts for Christ by President Howard W. Hunter on the board, and I knew I wanted to recreate it and give it to our friends. I loved how it is shaped like a Christmas tree, that's what caught my attention. So, for you friends and family that will be getting one, just act surprised when you get it!







Friday Dec. 11
Today was full of cooking and getting ready for the weekend. I finished boiling all the caramel dips, made sugar cookies and frosting for the ward party, and did a bit of house cleaning. Tonight we had our ward Christmas party. The activities committee always does a great job with the program, decorations and refreshments. I got to sing with the Young Men/Young Women choir, Emily sang with the children's choir, Nathan was a grump that didn't want to sit still, and Robby had fun running the ice cream maker with a few of the other men there. The kids were able to sit on Santa's lap, and they actually took good pictures for me! We sat with the Gleasons and found out Shawna is having TWINS!!! I'm so excited for her! We waited in line for ice cream and Santa with them also, and you can tell that Rhett and Emily are good friends. Emily talks of him often because they have preschool together. Nathan has started a funny new habit. He loves to have his picture taken, and then see himself on the little LCD screen on the camera. If pull out the camera, he'll say "Cheese" and hold his hands up near his face. It's rare to catch him with him holding his hands down!



















Saturday Dec. 12
I spent the majority of the day getting ready for the Pew family Christmas party we had at our house tonight. I didn't get everything done I wanted, but the party turned out great. I always love getting together with family and catching up with everyone's life. I finally finished decorating the house today (parties are good for that!), and made a texas sheet cake, and chicken enchilada soup. I went to bed with a little bit of a sick stomach, thinking it was because of all the soup I ate. Boy was I wrong!









Sunday Dec. 13
Last night the stomach bug hit me. Knocked me out! I have been achy all day, with fun times spent with the toilet. I have been able to sleep most of the day, and even though it's 9pm, and I don't usually go to sleep till midnight, I'm ready to crawl back in bed and stay there until morning. Robby was awesome today and let me sleep and kept the kids occupied so they wouldn't come in my room and wake me up. I'm praying that I wake up tomorrow feeling better because I don't do the achy/sore/sicky body very well!



3 comments:

  1. Is that.....a Snuggie???? lol! Hope you are feeling much better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a busy week!! I sure hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog Kim. I never got your letter. If you don't mind sending again--I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete