Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love and Laughter Week

Make sure you check the post after this one as I didn't get a chance to post last week due to my computer being on the recovery bench, so I did it today, but back dated it. We've definitely had a busy couple of weeks! My love to you all on this Lovely Love Day! We have our doors open and we're enjoying the beautiful weather! Warning: This post is very picture heavy!

Monday Feb. 8
I didn’t get my computer back until late morning, and when it was placed on my desk I cried for joy! Nathan wakes up so early in the morning, so I put him on the couch and stumble over to my computer to finish waking up while checking email and Facebook. This morning was odd because I didn’t get that wake up time, but somehow I survived! Emily wanted to ride her bike to school, and since I had nothing to do without my computer (housework doesn’t count), I said sure. Well, Nathan wanted to get in on the bike riding action too. We got out his tricycle, and he sat down and WALKED not pedaled all the way to school. He can reach the pedals, but his legs aren’t quite long enough to fully pedal. A 5-7 minute walk turned into 15 minutes there and 15 back. I learned patience this morning! Needless to say, I went by myself to pick up Emily when school was done! We made chocolate chip cookies this afternoon and I made a dozen cookies into heart shapes and put one on Robby’s desk for when he got home from his appointment! For Family Home Evening tonight Emily wanted to cut out hearts. So we folded paper long ways and I drew the heart halves and Emily cut them out. Then Emily glued the hearts onto paper and made valentine’s for her preschool teachers.



Tuesday Feb. 9
Today started out by making heart shaped French Toast. The kids loved the shapes and I loved that they wanted to eat with their fingers and I didn’t have to wash forks! (Yes, I’m lazy) I made rice heat bags for the ladies I visit teach and for my family members for when they come over on Sunday for dinner. Then for my valentine’s gift to myself, (Hey, let’s face it. I don’t really get gifts from anyone, so I have to make my own gifts!) I decided we would go to Fuddruckers for dinner tonight. They have a deal where you can feed a family a 4 for $20 with 2 1/3 pound burgers with fries and drinks, and 2 kids meal hamburgers with fries and drinks! It was so good! I put pico de gallo and onion on mine, and I got a burger and Mexican food all at once! I did very well on my gift to myself this year!!!!!!




Wednesday Feb. 10
Today for our “love”, we watched our business partner’s little cutie, so she could get some rest. He took a nap, played with toys, and smiled a whole bunch. Makes be crazy for another little one around my house!


Thursday Feb. 11
Today I purchased all the fun stuff, and food, for the Valentine’s Day dinner on Sunday. I purchased fabric to make a tablecloth and a table runner and glass center piece decorations to be filled with candy that matches the tablecloth! I started making a bingo came for after dinner too!


Friday Feb. 12
Nathan and I have been walking Emily to school all week while she rides her bike, and today I thought I might try my patience again with Nathan’s tricycle. We got half way to school at the maddening pace of .1 miles per hour, and he was done with his bike because he couldn’t go as fast as Emily. So he ended up walking the rest of the way to school. Nathan sees Emily’s preschool as play time with all the toys and he was mad at me for not letting him stay and play. So he threw a tantrum (like that was going to let him have his way) and refused to be consoled. I then proceeded to drag him home, all while carrying his bike. Half way home I started to carry him and his bike-bad idea! So I put him down and just started walking away. He got the idea that I was going home without him and decided to follow! Um yeah, my patience was tested this morning! But I think I passed the test because I didn’t explode or mangle anything! We went to the mall with Nana today and ate at Subway! My favorite! Then Emily and Nathan got to play on the playground inside the mall. We stopped and got Emily 2 new pairs of Sunday shoes because bad mommy me had let her Sunday shoes get too small and they were hurting her feet.


Saturday Feb. 13
The kids and I got all ready and when Robby woke up we went to get in the van to go over to mom’s house to help take down her shed in the backyard. Well, the van reluctantly started, so the only place we went was to Checker Auto to have the battery tested. The test came back that the batter was fine, but that we had a bad alternator. So back home we came and I went back to sewing and preparing for the Valentine’s dinner and Robby proceeded to take apart the van. So out comes the alternator and Robby takes it to Checker to purchase a new one. They test the alternator there, and it works just fine. Come to find out, the battery was the culprit the entire time. A new battery is less expensive than a new alternator, so I’ll take that problem! Good thing Robby found out: he can reach all the spark plugs the next time he has to change them if he takes the alternator out! It was a good thing we stayed home from mom’s because the kids and I got to work on all the party prep. They helped me make jello and little cheesecakes. Then when they went to bed I made rolls, made and rolled out pizza dough and cut it out in the shape of a heart then baked them, used my little cookie cutter to cut the pepperoni into little hearts, and made homemade marshmallows. Robby was wonderful and helped me by sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor!




Sunday Feb. 14
Happy Valentine’s Day! Today was a tricky day to get everything to all in the day! The kids and I went to church alone because Robby had a bad stomach last night and didn’t get to sleep until 4:30. We only went to Sacrament Meeting in our ward, and then I went to opening exercises for Young Women’s and then I took the kids home because mom was speaking in her ward today. When I got home Robby was awake and he had cleaned the family room and was vacuuming it! Mom did an awesome job with her talk. Plus, it was so nice to listen to an entire talk without having to entertain my little ones! Love them dearly, but I miss listening during sacrament meeting. Then I came home and threw the party prep into high gear. I finished all the last minute details and decorated the table. We had so much fun tonight. It was a mystery dinner that I found on this blog http://cutevalentines.blogspot.com/2010/01/mixed-up-valentine-dinner.html. Each person had a plate with their name all around the edge. They had to figure out the code and right down the five things they wanted for each of the 4 courses. Laughs were heard around the table as each person tried to decipher the code with the help of others. I served the first course, and the other 3 courses they got themselves. I had set up and labeled everything on my washer/dryer and a table in my laundry/pantry room. After each course was completed, everything had to be taken away. Nothing was allowed to stay, so if you got a fork at the very beginning, you didn’t get one again. It was fun to see Michael eating his cheesecake with his pickle because he didn’t have any utensils that course, or Robby using his pickle to eat his jell-o. Some people had utensils at all the right times, but others like mom had to eat her cheesecake with her knife. I had to eat my ice cream and cheese cake out of the dish with only my tongue. Not really a pleasant thing! Nana lucked out because she came late and got all of her food and utensils at the same time! This was the menu: 1. Chip Off the Old Block---tooth pick, 2. Manure Spreader---fork, 3. Eve's Delight---apple juice, 4. Jack Frost---ice cream, 5. Drunken Log---large pickle, 6. Good and Plenty---main course (mini pizzas), 7. White Cloud (marshmallow), 8. Greaser (knife), 9. Twiggy (pretzel), 10. Jacob's Well (water), 11. Square (napkin), 12. Sticky Stuff (cheese cake), 13. Underground Icicle (carrot stick), 14. Gold Water (orange juice), 15. Rooster Tail (fruit cocktail), 16. Greenbacks (rolls), 17. Nervous Pudding (jell-o), 18. Lover's Delight (spoon), 19. conglomerate (tossed salad), and 20. Popeye's Friend (olive). Then we played bingo and I gave out the rice heating bags. Of course Nathan gave all his sugar to Gran-Nana! He loves giving kisses almost as much as Gran-Nana loves getting them! Mom brought balloons for the kids and a little chocolate cake for me and Robby and Nana brought me roses. I finished cleaning up after the party, and was in craft withdrawal because I had no projects I was working on! I’ll have to fix that problem…right after I sleep!









No comments:

Post a Comment