Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cuteness and Chaos

I am posting this a week behind because my computer was on the recovery bench trying to get back lost files. But it's here now, so that's all that matters, right?
Monday Feb. 1
Today I was working on thank you cards for work and Nathan was pestering me for one thing or another. Then when I finished the cards I realized it was eerily quiet. I look over at Nathan on the couch and he has fallen asleep and his little head is bobbing all over the place. He was so cute!


Tuesday Feb. 2
Today was a rare day that Robby grabbed the camera and took pictures. He even turned the camera on himself for a self portrait! I love all the funny faces he makes!
Wednesday Feb. 3
Today a special package came for Emily and Nathan from Robby’s parents. In it were these great necklaces with Christmas lights on them that light up and blink. Emily and Nathan wore the necklace literally until they fell apart! Emily even took her necklace for show and tell!
Thursday Feb. 4
Happy Birthday Nana! My wonderful Nana turned 91 today. She is such a blessing to me and I love her so much. We had a big family party for her tonight at my uncle’s house. We were able to see 2 owls up in the trees before the party started. The kids LOVED looking at the birds and Nathan added two new words to his vocabulary: Owl and Hoo! Our present for Nana was an ABC birthday card. Each letter of the alphabet has its own card, and you fill in “is for _________”. My favorite letter was “P is for Papa’s best gal”. The cards made her smile with each and every one she turned to, and that makes me feel great to put a smile on her face. Then we sang to her and had CHOCOLATE (Nana won’t except anything less) cake and ice cream.
Friday Feb. 5
Today started with blueberry muffins. Emily loves to help in the kitchen, and was so proud when her muffins came out of the oven. Today was a vehicle maintenance day. We have a good friend and neighbor that is a mechanic, so we asked him to change the oil in our vehicles. So off went the car, then the van, and he came to our house to change the oil in the truck (gross sludge!) Then he advised we change the serpentine belt in the van before it broke. So we had that replaced too! We are so grateful for talented friends that are able to help us!



Saturday Feb. 6
Emily grabbed my camera this morning and took some pictures of her favorite things. Rachel got to ride on a Barbie Cinderella’s horse, and she caught Nathan doing his favorite thing: reading. Then this afternoon we walked over to Great Clips and Robby and I got our hair cut. I took before and after pictures so that I could see the difference for myself. I cut the layers off and evened everything out so that I can grow my hair out long again.








Sunday Feb. 7
Today was great until tonight. Robby made crepes for breakfast and Emily was playing with the camera and told us to kiss so she could take a picture. Don’t have to tell me twice! Tonight is when the nightmare came to visit me. I was making pizza to take over to my aunt and uncle’s house to share with their family, when I deleted my Documents folder on my desktop. Robby had copied and pasted it (or so he thought), so I was just deleted the copy, right? No, I ended up deleting all of my business documents and some of my pictures. Robby instantly put it on the recovery machine and we left for my aunt and uncle’s home. Robby followed later because the recovery machine was saying it wanted over 6 hours to recover whatever it could. After dinner we roasted s’mores and sat and talked around the fire. The kids were thoroughly sugared up by the time we left! We were up until 12 waiting for it to recover, and then up until 2 starting to go through was it was able to find. I lost most of my Photoshop projects for the business, but was able to recover most of the documents that only I had for the business. The pictures that I lost I thankfully had backed up. I have through June 2009 backed up, and I stopped the deleting process at the beginning of January 2009. What a blessing that I didn’t lose any pictures! I found this cute football and knew I needed to document that we are NOT football watchers, follow it in no way, and were definitely not going to watch the Super Bowl today. So here’s my non-plug for Super Bowl Sunday! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment