Sunday, March 28, 2010

Great Week!

It was a great week! I got a lot accomplished even though my house doesn’t look like it! Best of all, my kids were very snuggly this week, so we spent a lot of time sitting together just talking and being together!

Monday March 22
Today Robby FINALLY put my shelves in the hall closet! I’ve had the wood for a year and a half, so I was overjoyed when the task was complete! Then I moved all of our games into the closet and was able to put away both the vacuum and steam cleaner, which I haven’t been able to do for a long time-they have lived in the hallway blocking our way! Then we attacked the toy side of the family room. We have been putting it off until tomorrow, well, today was the day! I promised Emily Cold Stone Creamery if we got it all clean, and that did the trick. She went to work, and it got all clean. Then we had kids over on Tuesday and Thursday and that area is back to where it was! Ug! The mess isn’t supposed to go passed the gate, but it has been creeping out, and so that area will either stay clean or be emptied to the nearest donation center!



Tuesday March 23
Tonight my whole family came over for Hawaiian Haystacks. I watched Allison so Jessica could go to her maternity appointment, mom helped me with a couple of finance questions for the business and Robby helped Kathryn fix her tail light (which only worked while here, and then when she left, it stopped working! Turns out it was a bad connection!). Then after everyone left I had the opportunity to go through Nathan’s 0-6 month clothes to look for a shirt for someone to borrow. Those clothes were so small and cute! Nathan is my monster, and I can hardly remember when he was that small!



Wednesday March 24
Today the kids played all over the house. They ran around and chased each other and got into everything! But it was a monumental day! We finally found the missing sandal! Nathan’s sandal has been missing for at least 6 months, but thankfully I bought the sandals big, because they still fit! Emily grabbed the camera and played photographer! She captured a great picture of Nathan’s eyes and a silly picture of her, but it shows her beautiful eyes as well!



Thursday March 25
We had some friends over today and we made these nests. They are made just like rice krispy treats, but with Chinese noodles. The kids weren’t so sure about getting their hands messy, but loved eating the aftermath!



Friday March 26
Today Gran-Nana came over for lunch and she brought a surprise for Emily and Nathan. Last week she brought over the bunny, so today she brought over the little bear for Nathan. Gran-Nana also brought Emily this basket of eggs. Emily was so excited that she got her own Easter decoration that belonged only to her! Gran-Nana loves to spoil my kids! We found out this morning that Jessica is having a little boy! We are so excited for them! Tonight we went to Costco and I'm ready to purchase someone to come home with me and put everything away!




Saturday March 27
Today we went to a birthday party at Red Mountain Park and we brought the kite. For the entire afternoon I had the song, “Let’s Go Fly A Kite” stuck in my head! I was supposed to go to the Stake Center tonight for the Young Women’s Broadcast, but Robby had a client with an emergency he needed to take care of right away. That left me home with the kids, and I was feeling really disappointed. Then someone reminded me that I could watch it on the internet. I’m so glad that they did, because I really enjoyed the broadcast! I especially loved President Uchtdorf talk. I was grateful to be at home because I was really touched by the Spirit and often cried! Then the kids and I ran over to Fry’s and they talked me into a car cart. They always have so much fun “driving” through the store. Plus, they look really, really cute!





Sunday March 28
Since we picked our oranges last week, our orange tree has really “blossomed”! Now we can sing, “I looked out the window and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the tangelo tree!” I love the smell!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for organizing! Your Easter treats and the crafts are so cute too. I really want to go fly a kite now...

    ReplyDelete