Sunday, March 21, 2010

Slacker!

Another catch up post. Ugh! Why do I let it get away from me? I can think of a few excuses, but they are just excuses! I am on a roll though-Last time was 2 weeks, and this time it’s 3 weeks. But I think I’m going to stop it there, and try (key word there) to only go a week between posts! Too keep a long post short (too late-reference from the movie Clue), I’ll just write a little for each picture. I know what you’re saying…”I’ll believe it when I see it!” hahaha!

Monday March 1
With all the rain yesterday, when the palm tree stumps met the warm sun today, they let off some really cool steam! When I was curling my bangs today, Nathan reached for my curling iron just as I was about to pick it up, said “HOT!” and then grabbed the metal part. He burned his left hand. Thankfully it wasn’t burned too badly, and was only red for today. Then later we got to play with Patrick! Nathan looks so big next to Patrick!




Tuesday March 2
The rain has helped our rose bush produce some huge roses, and the kids picked a few today. Today was a monumental day!!!! Nathan slept in his big boy bed for the first time. We started at nap time and it took him an hour and 45 minutes to go to sleep, but he hasn’t been back to his crib since!


Wednesday March 3
Today I pulled out my crochet project that I’ve been working on for over a year. I made a blanket a long time ago that I wasn’t happy with, so I’m taking it apart, and recrocheting it into the square blanket that I like. It will serve as our picnic/floor blanket.


Thursday March 4
Tonight I walked into Emily’s room to see Emily and Nathan both sitting in the chair playing Leapster together. I love finding the kids like this!



Friday March 5
Tonight we had some friends over for dinner, and Emily and Megan had the best time running around and playing!



Saturday March 6
Lehi Days! We took Nana with us to Lehi Days today and watched the rodeo and my cousin perform on her horse with the Lehi Lariats. We went to the petting zoo and I’m sure the animals are glad we don’t own them! Nathan was so excited to hold a chick that he held it under the feet and around the neck. I quickly took a picture and then saved the chick from sudden Nathan death. Nathan had fun, I’m sure the baby chick did not! Emily was loving being around all the animals. She kept asking if we could buy a baby chick and bring it home. Um….NO! Tonight we made Ratatouille and then watched the movie Ratatouille! My friend Laura and I made these really cool necklaces made with ribbon and washers. I found the idea here http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/2010/01/home-depot-here-we-come.html.




Sunday March 7
Another rainy Sunday with beautiful clouds! We decided to go over to my aunt and uncle’s house and while there, the heaven’s opened and emptied all of the water it had! I had to run to get the van (got soaked), then load the kids in the van (got even more soaked), then buckle the kids in the van (now fully drenched!). My aunt and uncle live in Lehi, and Lehi road was a river, not a road when I was driving home! By the time I got home, my pant legs were soaked for about 12 inches on the bottom! I was very cold and wet, and glad to get home and put warm jammies on!


Monday March 8
Tonight Emily got a hold of the camera and caught Nathan “reading” a book before bed. Then she “read” it to him. I love it when my kids work together!


Tuesday March 9
Cute bathtime pics! Need I say more? Emily’s towel is a duck and Nathan’s towel is a frog. Each time they wear them they make the sounds of that animal all the way to their room and until they are dried off!


Wednesday March 10
Jessica offered to watch the kids today so I could go grocery shopping by myself. Then I made dinner for my family at mom’s house. As a surprise, mom stopped at the store on her way home and got balloons for the kids. Emily was so excited, but refused a picture!


Thursday March 11
Today was a very fun day, but it had an element of sadness also. Today is the day that our really good friend and business partner decided that it would be best if she stepped away from the business to spend more time with her family. We are excited that she wants and is able to be a full stay at home mommy. But we will really miss her as a part of the business! To take my mind off the morning’s news, we attacked our St. Patrick’s Day crafts. We also had Gunner, a friend from preschool, come over to play. The kids and I painted clovers on shirts. I found the idea here http://www.alphamom.com/holiday/2009/03/st_patricks_day_tshirt.php. Then after the kids went to bed, and dipped Mint Oreos in melted white chocolate colored green. I had left over chocolate, so sadly I also dipped strawberries! :-)

Friday March 12
Today I was enveloped in “Holy Cow, Kara is leaving the business…What do we do now?” that I really didn’t get anything productively completed. And with that came no pictures. :(

Saturday March 13
Today was our big St. Patrick’s Day celebration. The whole big family went out to Fountain Hill’s celebration to watch the fountain turn green. We had KFC for our picnic dinner, ate the chocolate dipped oreos and passed out all the fun crafts I make for everyone. My list of crafts for this day are for the boys: bowties and shamrock pins, for the girls: shamrock hair clips and shamrock necklaces, for just our family: the shamrock shirts, and for everyone: candy pillow boxes with Hershey’s golden nuggets inside. I have way too much fun with holidays! The bowtie tutorial: http://somethingaboutkatie.blogspot.com/2010/03/bow-tie-tutorial.html. The shamrock tutorial: http://suzies-yarnie-stuff.blogspot.com/2006/03/my-shamrock-pin-pattern.html. I also made a garland for our home and Emily’s preschool, found here: http://www.skiptomylou.org/2009/03/13/crochet-shamrock-garland/. (On Monday I crocheted 25 shamrocks for all the kids in Emily’s preschool and her teachers made them into pins.)


Sunday March 14
Today was another first for Nathan. We cut his hair! We came home from church and set about the task of defuzzing Nathan. Robby got out the buzzer, and every time it came on Nathan would scrunch down and say “No tickles Daddy!” Even the sucker couldn’t get him to hold still when that buzzer turned on! Robby and I tag-teamed and we were able to get his hair to a semi-presentable state! Joy of having a boy…have to learn to cut hair! He is one handsome little man now. I thought I liked his hair long and scraggly, but I love it even more now! He seemed to lose all his babyness and became a little boy. He’s getting too big too fast! Tonight Jessica made corned beef and cabbage for dinner and it was really good! I made pistachio bars, which were a big hit and very yummy!


Monday March 15
Another day that I didn’t take any pictures. I’m such a slacker! But I attacked the kitchen and Robby cleaned the floors for me!

Tuesday March 16
Today we went to the mall with some friends to play on the little playground and have lunch. While walking to the playground, the kids held hands! What a treasured memory that is for me! On the way out, the kids played on the big tortoise, and had blast!


Wednesday March 17
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! The only thing we did to celebrate the days was make sugar cookies in the shape of heart, and then put them together to make a 4-leaf clover. We delivered a plate to my mom, sister and brother to help them eat their green today! Tonight as I was sitting on the family room floor cutting out fabric for a nursing pillow, and I got poked. So I pull it out. Ok, whatever, it's a sticker from the weeds outside that the kids were playing in today, no big deal. Then my ankle starts itching. 5 mintues later I move my legs to stretch out and what do I find under me?...A BEE! I confess, I let out a bit of a squeak/gasp! Robby came to investigate and disposed of the bee for me. Thankfully I can say I'm not deathly allergic to bees! I don't know who I feel worse for, me because now I have an itchy, red ankle, or the bee for being squished by me!


Thursday March 18
Today I made a nursing pillow with matching shoes for Kara’s mother in law. I have done a lot of sewing lately, but not so much cleaning up after I sew in the craft room. Need to fix that!


Friday March 19
Today is the day that I’ve been dreading for over a week. Kara signed the paperwork today to remove herself from the company. I’m sad to see her go, but I am trying to look for the positive from this situation. I get to learn how to do our company’s finances, and become more involved with our company’s sales and promotions. It will be hard, but I look forward to the challenge and working closer with Robby as we make our company profitable. Tonight I really didn’t want to cook dinner, and then I remembered the gift certificates that mom gave us for Christmas! Yippee! We went to Gecko Grill for dinner and it was a great ending to a stressful day. The kids were great and ate most of their food (they had the rest for breakfast the next morning), and sat still the whole time! Thanks mom for the gift certificate!


Saturday March 20
Today was work outside day! Robby cleaned up the side of the house that likes to collect leaves and garbage, and then mowed the weeds grass. Meanwhile, I picked all the oranges from our tree and then juiced them. It took me most of the afternoon, but the fruits of my labor (haha-nice pun huh?) taste so good! I ended up with 3 ½ gallons of juice from about 2 ½ bags of oranges.
Sunday March 21
Now we are caught up to today! Phew! I let Emily and Nathan play with my camera and all these pictures are courtesy of them! This is me blogging. I have terrible posture, have to fix that! But hey, it’s a picture of me, and that rarely happens on this blog! Emily and Nathan love to sit in Robby’s lap when he’s playing a game! Nathan loves to bring books over to me and have me read them, and for some reason Emily loves to take pictures of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment