Sunday, January 31, 2010

Full week of fun!

What a week this has been! It's had many mood swings, for everyone in the family, 2 birthdays and lots of family time!
Monday Jan. 25
Today I spent the majority of the day deleting files on my computer. My hard drive was over half full, and it was starting to get a little too sluggish for me. So I started early in the morning, and didn't finish until late afternoon. I thought the process would only take an hour or two. WRONG! I had forgotten how many things I keep on my computer "just in case I need it again". My computer is much happier now after the cleaning and defragging! Nathan is really big into movies, mostly Cars and Animusic (I'm ready to throw both of them away at the moment!) This is how I find him most times while watching a movie. He stuck his tongue in right before I took the picture, so I missed the best part!
Tuesday Jan. 26
Today was a full day too! I focused on organizing all the pictures of Emily's birthday party and getting them ready to be printed so that I can send out thank you notes. I had to do it today because there was a promotion at Snapfish that expired the next day that if I bought anything (like a 9 cent 4x6 picture) I would get 100 4x6 pictures for free plus shipping! Score! So I ended up with 101 pictures, all of which I needed to get! I saved $9! Then I decided to make a quick run to the store. However, my quick run turned out to be very slow. I went to Superstition Ranch Market, which is often really busy, but it was so busy that I walked around the store for 5 minutes getting my fruits and veggies, then stood in line for the next 35 minutes. I'm so grateful I didn't bring the kids. Then I made a quick stop at Fry's and headed home. We had friends over for dinner and to fix their laptop. I made yummy homemade pizza (the only kind to have, of course) and then settled the kids in the family for movie time. My cousin posted on Facebook that she was having a S'mores party tonight and invited whoever wanted to come over. I left the kids with Robby and headed out the door. We tried to start a fire, but we only succeeded in making the wood smoke. We had to wait until my uncle came home and he started the fire with gasoline! We talked and laughed and had a great time just being together! I love my cousins!


Wednesday Jan. 27
Today I went over to Jessica’s to pick something up and she told me that Allison decided she wanted to be awake from 2 to 6 in the middle of the night. So needless to say she was exhausted! I offered to pick up Allison after Emily finished preschool and let the kids play at our house. Emily was tickled pink when she found out her cousin was coming over! She was stuck to Allison the whole time she was here!
Thursday Jan. 28
Today Emily found music on the Playhouse Disney website and she and Nathan listened and danced to the music all afternoon long. Emily received some scissors in her Kindergarten packet, so she decided to mutilate a paper on the family room floor. Thankfully she was really good about picking up every little piece! Emily is really good at cutting out shapes and cuts pretty accurately on the lines! She’s amazing!
Friday Jan. 29
Tonight our friends offered to watch the kids and for Robby’s birthday gave us money for a date night! Woohoo! Robby chose Golden Coral because Friday night is Fish Fry! He was hoping for catfish, but he had to settle for all the other kinds of fish they had! For dessert, he chose coconut cream pie…YUCK! I do not care for coconut, not even the smell of it! He also picked up a chocolate chip cookie which looked really good, but I’m trying to stay away from sugar right now, so I refused the cookie when he offered it to me. Then he somehow convinced me to try a bite of his little pie. I almost gagged! So then he offered the cookie again to get rid of the coconut taste. Tricky, tricky man! I wasn’t going to have any dessert, but after that taste I went to the dessert bar and got myself some jell-o, another cookie, a rice krispie treat and some banana pudding. So much for staying away from sugar, right? We picked up the kids and started to head home, and we came across a train! We were the first car in line and the kids were so excited because they have never seen a train moving before! Today was a great day!
Saturday Jan. 30
Happy Birthday Robby! As Robby puts it…he is one year closer to antiquity! Today for Robby’s birthday, he chose to go and help a friend with some plumbing issues they were having. But for Robby, that is the best kind of day when he is helping someone! They were able to finish the project in a manner of hours with only one trip to Home Depot! I was able to purchase 6 packages of chicken breasts today (36 total), so when we got home I stood there and trimmed all the fat and put 2 breasts per labeled bag and put them into my deep freezer. I love having food storage! It makes me feel so much better knowing my family has extra right now that we can share with others or have on hand when we are having financial struggles. We had a birthday party for Robby and Allison, who turned 1 this week, at my mom’s house tonight. Robby got his very own personal carrot cake, and my brother told him to blow out the candles with his nose. I’m so grateful he didn’t because I’m eating a piece now! (Yeah, remember the no sugar thing, I’ve been good today, so I’m having a little piece!-So sue me! LOL)
Sunday Jan. 31
Thankfully today was a relaxing Sunday. We had church and then our home teachers came over this afternoon. Emily and Nathan didn’t want to listen to boring adults talk, so they decided to drive me crazy by playing with and fighting over a balloon. What a great spirit builder-um, NO! Nathan is really big into movies and books, all of which have to happen at the same time. I will be working on something at my desk, and he will bring a book to me and not leave me alone until we have spent a good 10 minutes looking at everything in the book. I’m so grateful that he loves books and he’s really improved his speaking skills because he can now count to 10 and name most of the things in the books. But it hurts when he comes to your chair and turns you around without you realizing what’s happening! I think I’ll take a little pain in return for the love of reading! Yesterday was one of my friend's birthday, and on her blog last week she posted a beautiful poem. I knew the second I read it that I had to make it into a picture and frame it for her. So I gave that to her at church today and she loved it!





1 comment: