Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blog Worthy

So many things have happened this week that I think to myself, "This is blog worthy!". See how many times I've posted? Yeah, I didn't do so well on getting everything put on here, so here we go!

I love my kids and am so happy to be their mom, and sometimes my favorite time of the day is to just watch them sleep at night. They are so peaceful and often smile in their sleep. I couldn't help but catch a few cute pics of them sleeping!





On Thursday Nathan's mouth decided to start to grow another tooth. Well, our kids don't do anything little, so his mouth REALLY hurt and he got a fever. He has been living on Motrin a few times a day to help with the pain and fever. It was so bad on Thursday that when I got up from the couch after snuggling him to cook dinner, this is where I found him a few minutes later-ASLEEP! Now that it's Sunday, he finally feels better and is back to his playful, eat everything is sight, self!




Plus, later that night, I got some good snuggles out of Nathan. This is Emily taking the picture. She aims the camera then says, "Where's my smile? Nathy (that's what she calls him), give me a smile. Look here." Who does she sound like? Oh yeah, ME! Man, kids say the darndest things! But I have to admit, there are days she takes better pictures than I do!


Emily has inherited my genes! She loves to build forts. This is Emily's fort, designed, created and built by Emily herself. The building and constructing comes from Daddy's genes! Although my mom will object. My brother and sister and I used to build forts in our living room that had seperate rooms with doors and air conditioning (fans). Emily's a good little architect and builder if I do say so myself! Plus, this is Emily taking the picture of her fort. She was so proud of her buiding skills!


A really good thing happened Thursday. I went to the dentist (that's not the good thing), and I had to sit for about an hour waiting for the hygenist to be ready to clean my teeth. So while I was waiting, I got to talk about my It Works body wraps and other products. They are such cool products. Let me tell you more about them! Get a hold of me, and I'll let you know how you can lose inches in just 45 mintues! I got to talk to about 6 or 7 people in the dentist office! I gave out brochures and I can't wait to go back in and drop off some business cards! That was a big boost to me, and made the start of my day really cool!

A major blessing and miracle happened Thursday morning. Kathryn was driving to work on McKellips and had just gone under the 202 overpass when someone decided to really quickly make a U-turn. Kathryn slammed on her brakes and went to get out of the way but ended up spinning around a few times and going up on her 2 passenger tires, ending up facing the opposite way in the rocks on the side of the road. She was shaken, but there was no damage to her or her vehicle. I am so grateful for that! When I told Emily about the accident, all I said to her was that Aunt Kathryn was almost in a car accident and that her car was spinning around, but she's ok. Emily's instant response was, "That's because Heavenly Father picked up her car and put it down safely." I LOVE that girl!

On Friday Robby and I were able to go to the temple (thanks mom for watching the kids!). It was great to be out and even better to be serving in the temple. We got there early, about 5:15 for the 6:00 session, which is a good thing because it was full! We sat by our good friends the Rappleyes and they were asked to be the Witness couple. However, they were going through the 6:30 session so Brother Rappleye said "We can't do it, but (points to us) they can! His wife laughed and hit him all at the same time! We were very happy to be the Witness couple and it helped us listen a little more to the endowment session! We got to see some friends that used to live in our ward, and I saw Sister Fulkerson, my old stake president's wife, and talked to her for a bit. Then we went over to Gecko Grill for dinner. It was nice eating and not worrying about saying "Emily, stop hugging your brother too much. Nathan, stop throwing food. Eat your dinner, both of you!" We had a great night.

Saturday morning Robby helped a family in our ward move and we was gone from 9 until 2:30. He came and got Emily around 11:30 and took her with him. So I got a treat of being by myself while Nathan took a nap. I read a magazine-dare I admit it was Emily's magazine I bought for her at Costco? It was PEOPLE's collector's edition of Dylan and Cole Sprouse from the Suite Life on Deck from Disney channel. I know, I'm crazy. But what else was I supposed to do, clean my house? Yeah, right! I did end up doing some dishes and get the Costco food put away. Poor Robby came home sunburned to a crisp and is still hurting today. He is my be burnt one day, tanned the next day. I feel so bad for him. He can't even play with the kids or give them hugs because his arms hurt so much.
Then Saturday night we went to a my networking group's social/party (more thanks to mom for watching the kids!). It was lots of fun seeing people in everyday clothes instead of business get-up! We laughed and talked and had a good time. Plus, the bonus thing, it was next door so all I had to do was walk over!

It was just me at church today because Robby was still burnt to a crisp, Nathan was still grumpy from growing a new tooth, and Emily wanted to stay home with daddy. Today I took it easy and got somewhat of a nap before Emily came in to tell me after about 15-20 minutes of laying down that I'd been in bed to long and it was time to get up. I shooed her away and got a little more rest, but mostly just laid in bed and enjoyed horizontal resting time. I don't get enough of that! So that's where I'm off to now!

1 comment:

  1. Okay Kathryn's "almost" accident is exactly where my husband got in his accident in '05 where he was almost killed! Someone turned left in front of him and he hit them and flipped is truck! There's a curse there! I am so jealous that you went to Gecko! I am coming in a few weeks and you better bet that's the first place we're headed when I get off the plane! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete