Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm a Homemaker!

All right, so I know that I'm already a homemaker, but I feel like a better homemaker after tonight. I went to the greatest class at church tonight! I learned how to make bread-FROM SCRATCH! I've made bread in a bread maker, but never in the oven. I learned how to mix, knead and shape the dough, let it rise and then cooked it in my oven. Man alive...my house smells so wonderful right now. Aren't I making you jealous right now? Don't you wish that you're here smelling the yummy bread? I had 2 large pieces with butter and I am in heaven! The recipe made 6 loaves of bread, so I'll freeze the other 5 I haven't cut into yet for later enjoyment. I feel so homemakey! (is that a word?) This is a picture of my loaves of bread! I can't wait to make other things with my new found knowledge of bread making!


Today, Emily decided she wanted her car on anything but it's 4 wheels. So by late afternoon she had put the car on every angle possible, and wanted me to take a picture. Emily called Nathan over and they posed for a great picture!


This afternoon, I decided to attack my desk. For a before and after picture look at the clean picture here, and the dirty one in the last post with me holding Nathan. I even dusted and wiped the desk off! It was so bad I felt like the world was closing in on me. Now I have an open space to work and I can organize my stuff again.


We found out Monday morning that Nathan isn't growing just one tooth in his mouth. He is growing 5!!!!!!! No wonder he is feeling so bad! Last night was the first night in 4 days that he didn't require Motrin to go to sleep. He is finally playing and eating again. Only problem...he figured out that if he doesn't feel well, and gives really big, blue, puppy dog eyes, he will get held and doted on. Now that he's feeling better, he still wants to be picked up and held all the time! No way, hosea! I still try to snuggle and love a lot, but he has toys to occupy his time, not mommy.

Emily the last few days has decided to be a little stinker. Yesterday she went on a destroying ramage. I think she thought she was a tornado/hurricane. She managed to pop my big medicine ball-WITH A PENCIL! That is one determined girl. Her reasoning for breaking it-"I didn't like it anymore. I didn't want it, so I popped it and threw it away." WHAT child? She has ripped workbooks and taken apart things/toys, whether they are hers or not, all because she didn't like them anymore. I'm not sure what's happening with her. I try to spend time with her, let her know that I love her and she can come to me for anything, but she thinks she owns the world and lets you know it. Please tell me this is just a phase and that she will grow out of it in like 5 minutes, right? Emily is so cute and wonderful, and really wants to choose the right and be a good girl, I just have to remember that. Plus, I love her, good or bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment