Saturday, April 4, 2009

Beautiful Day in the Backyard

Today was a relaxing family day. We watched both sessions of General Conference and Robby went to the Priesthood session tonight while the kids and I went to Costco to pick up our easter cards that I created today.


Between the conference sessions, the kids went out back and played like they had never been outside before. Nathan can now say outside, which sounds more like ow-si. Emily has really learned to love her bike and will ride it in circles on the little concrete slab in the backyard. She only turns left, so I think one day she may become a Nascar driver. When I tried to get her to go right, she told me she would make an eight and then go left again. Silly girl!



Nathan has become dirt's best friend. As soon as Nathan goes outside, he and Dirt are glued to each other. He cries when I take him to the kitchen sink to separate him with his friend Dirt. Then he remembers his friend Water, and life is ok again!




Robby filled up the sandbox with more sand today because the kids had succeeded in taking ALL of the sand out of the sandbox, and then turning the sandbox over and dumping any remaining sand out. You'd think Robby had given them gold when he started pouring the sand into the sandbox. Nathan then decided to take a big handfull and pour it on his head. He seems to think that the more sand his can pile on his bald head, the more hair he'll grow or something like that. Park day is terrible! We come home with half the playground's sand, and that's AFTER I rub off as much as I can. He is way too funny!





We went to visit Nana again in the hospital tonight. She is looking better but is still very tired and weak. They just keep running more and more tests, and everyone I talk to has no idea what they're for. I sure hope she gets better soon so she can go home and get some rest. The kids really helped her spirits rise, and I'm so grateful that they have that influence on her, and on me too! Both Emily and Nathan gave her kisses, and you'd think by Nana's smile that they had given her the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment