Saturday, May 16, 2009

Banana Eaters

Emily and Nathan sat on the kitchen floor this morning and ate a banana for their morning snack. This is the conversation that Emily and I had:

Emily: Mom, did you know gorillas eat bananas too?

Mom: You're right, you're so smart!

Emily: Do you know who else eats bananas Mom?

Mom: Do monkeys eat bananas?

Emily: Yes, but who else?

Mom: Do elephants eat bananas?

Emily: No, there's someone else who eats bananas.

Mom: Well, who else eats bananas?

Emily: Squiggles eat bananas!

Mom: Squiggles, who's that? (big smile)

Emily: I'm a squiggle and I eat bananas! (Radiant smile!)

Emily's nickname that Robby gave her as a baby is Squiggle! She never refers to herself as Squiggle, and will correct you quickly if you try to get her to call herself a squiggle. So to hear her tell me "squiggles eat bananas" was quite a funny moment!

I have such a cute little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment