Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yard Sale

Today we had a yard sale! As I was mentally going through the house thinking of things to sell, I thought we had a lot of junk to get rid of, but by the time I set everything up, Robby came out and his comment was, "Wow, I thought we were getting rid of more than is out here". My thoughts exactly. But good news! We made enough money to patch our roof until we can replace it, which is hopefully soon.

I still have a bird cage that I need to sell. This is the picture. I put the ad up on craigs list for $150, but if you give me a good offer, I'll sell it to you first! Let me know! Comment if you want the dimmensions or any other details.


Emily had the hardest time with the first few customers. They kept walking off with her toys. Or so she thought. Of couse they were paying for them, but she just saw her toys leaving. She was in full tears and hysteria! I told her they weren't stealing the stuff, they paid us money. Emily didn't get that concept until I pulled out a dollar and said that the dollar was hers for selling her toys. She was a happy clam for the rest of the day. She was so excited when people came because she thought she was getting more money! She did get 25 cents at the end of the sale for being extra good so she could spend it on the gumball machine at the mall. For being 4 years old, making $1.25 in 4 hours is pretty good! And she didn't have to do any work! LOL

Here are some pictures of what our yard sale looked like! I dun did the signs meself! That's tired talk for I was up until after 1am trying to get together stuff that should have been taken care of over the week and not the night before! Silly me! This being my first yard sale, I learned a lot, but don't plan to do another one for a long, LONG time! :)



1 comment: