Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy mother's day! Today was a good day. I got spoiled by the people I love the most! At church all the ladies received sugar cookies. Emily eyed mine and said, "when we get home you have to share that with me." I turned to her, gave her my meanest look and said back, "This is all mine. I'm not sharing even a little sugar sprinkle. Mine, mine, mine." :) Today is my one day to get to eat ALL of my cookie, and man was it good!


Then I came home and took a nap, from which Robby woke me up by jumping on the bed and scaring me half to death. I'm sure if I didn't love him so much, he would be in big trouble!


Then we got to talk to Robby's parents over the web cam and let them see the kids, and the kids see them! We are going to start doing that more often. Nathan didn't quite know what to do on camera, and it took Emily a while to warm up, but after that they both did fine and enjoyed seeing Nanny and Poppa.


During that conversation, Robby walked in with a cake that he and Emily made while I was asleep. That was sooooo nice of them. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting...doctored up by Robby of course! It's even heart shaped!



Then we went over to mom's house for a yummy spaghetti dinner. Mom gave me a cookbook I've been eyeing for a while and Kathryn gave each of the moms a "pretend" card that said she was taking us to lunch and to get a pedicure! I'm excited about that! Now we just need to find a time when all of us can go! Then we all piled into the living room and listened to mom and Kathryn playing the piano, and Michael singing. We even listened to an old John Bytheway tape (yes I said tape-told you it was old-LOL). Here's a few pictures of the kids with their Nana and Aunt Kathryn.



I got spoiled even more by holding my neice Allison. She is such a cutie and very sweet. Allison fell asleep in my arms and Robby caught this picture. The picture's caption says it all-I am very, very, VERY baby hungry!



I want to include something special here. My mom has been a mom now for 28 years, and she means so much to me.



So I want to post 28 things that I love about my mom, in no particular order:
1. beautiful singing voice
2. talented piano player
3. hard worker
4. close to the spirit
5. generous with her time and money
6. watches our kids so we can go on dates
7. supportive
8. believes I can do anything
9. encouraging
10. prays from her heart
11. taught me the gospel by her example
12. loves my kids even when they're being stinkers
13. unselfish
14. loving
15. great example
16. emotional
17. tells great stories
18. funny
19. has the best smile
20. her laugh
21. her hugs
22. always tells me she loves me before we part
23. patient
24. slow to anger
25. always there when I need her
26. strong woman
27. great mother
28. she loves me!


I Love You Mom!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment