Wednesday, June 3, 2009

General Update

Here is just a bunch of random stuff that I want to record, so read to your hearts content.

I was released from being Nursery Leader on May 24th. It is bittersweet because I loved being in there with all the kids, but I missed being taught and the adult interaction that I miss during the week. Plus, Nathan is in nursery now, and I want him to have is own experience in there without me. I will miss the other leaders, because they are so wonderful to work with! Plus I will miss the kids, and how we would have a new experience and adventure each week!

Emily tested for early kindergarten placement and we got the test results back. The result: "Based on the results of this screening, kindergarten is not the best placement for your child at this time." Oh well, back to preschool. Emily will go to the same preschool for 5 days a week now. Emily loves Sicely and Heidi and all the things they teach her. I know that Emily is academically probably ready for kindergarten, but I really don't think she would have been ok with all day kindergarten yet. Plus, I have to admit that I'm not ready for an all day school day for Emily yet. I like her starting school at 9, going until 11, then having the rest of the day to do what we need to. Well, I got my wish. She keeps telling me, "Mom, I'll go to the big school next year." However, she is so ready to go back to school. She keeps asking if today is a school day. Then I explain all over again that it's summer break, and we don't have school for a while. Silly girl.

Our roof has been in terrible shape for years, and finally decided to completely disintigrate this year. So with the help of Robby's parents (thank you soooooo much), we had a new roof put on over Memorial Day weekend while we were gone. To look at it, its the same color, so nothing looks different, but after that weekend of rain, we came home to a DRY HOUSE!!!! That is something that hasn't happened for a long time!

Nathan has finally decided he wants to talk. But it is only on his time. We call him a lazy talker. He would rather sign the word, like please or eat, then actually say the word. Every once in a while he'll walk up to you and give you 1, 2 or 3 clear words of what is on his mind. For instance, the other day Robby said he was sitting at his desk when Nathan walked in and pointed to Robby's cell phone and said "Phone, Nana". Robby looked at him and tried to get him to say it again, but Nathan just smiled and looked all innocent that he would even say anything like that. Then yesterday we were all in the kitchen and I was trying to get Emily to do something for me. I said "Come on", and Nathan repeated it exactly-in word and tone. Again we tried to repeat it, and he just looked like we were crazy or something. We all just about fell over. But he won't say little words like up, yes, please, eat. Silly boy!

We started Emily on the Mesa Public Library's Summer Reading Program. She loved going to the library for the first time and getting books that were just hers. She kept saying after each book she picked up, "Ok, let's go buy this one." No cute girl, we just borrow the books, read them, then bring them back. :) She loves to be read to, and will make up stories just by looking at the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment