Sunday, January 3, 2010

Another Birthday and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year y'all! I hope everyone has great resolutions that stick this year, I sure hope mine stick!!! Another Facebook quote: A little humor to start the year - "My Wish for You in 2010 - May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips. May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! Happy New Year!!"

Monday Dec. 28
Tonight for Family Home Evening we had a crash course on First Aid. We talked about how to clean and disinfect a wound, and how to dress it and properly take care of the "owie". Then we put together our first aid/medicine containers. The container on the left is for the first aid and mommy/daddy's medicine, and the container on the right is for the kids medicine.



Tuesday Dec. 29
After dinner tonight the kids got ice cream cones. As you can tell from Nathan's expression, they were REALLY excited!



Wednesday Dec. 30
One of my goals for 2010 is to send a birthday card/postcard to all of my family and close friends. I thought, "That will only be a few"...so I designed and ordered 100 postcards. WRONG!!! I am now up to 95 and I still have about 30 more names to go! Family-we need to stop procreating!!! No, just kidding! I love having so many family and friends that I get to wish them a happy birthday. So today I sent out the first batch for all the early January birthdays! This year is going to be so fun! This is my card box of people and their birthdays divided by months. If you think I don't have your birthday, please let me know so I can add your birthday to my file. I don't want to miss your birthday!



Thursday Dec. 31
Happy Birthday to ME! I am now the ripe old age of 29! From now on, I am 29 plus tax! Robby calls me ancient, but I tolerate it because his birthday is 29 days after mine! I get him back when he catches up with me! Today was absolutely awesome!!! I had the best birthday today because, selfishly, I took the stance of, "It's my birthday and I'm going to do what I want to do". My goals for the day: 1. Don't cook any meals (almost got away with this one. I had to make a sandwich for Emily and Nathan for their breakfast), 2. Don't feel guilty if someone asks me to do something and I tell them no because I want to do something else, and 3. Have fun and no worries. All were accomplished! This morning my friend Marianne took me to Crackers & Co. for breakfast. I ordered the New Princess Omlet-So YUMMY!!!! Definitely getting that one again. Marianne mentioned it was my birthday and they brought me out a warm death by chocolate cake! I took one bite and was in sugar shock! I saved it for later and put a candle on top and Emily sang me Happy Birthday! Then I came home and loaded everyone into the van and off we went to see Princess and the Frog with a gift certificate we received for Christmas. Great movie! Nathan cuddled his blanket the whole time and was so cute about it too! The kids did wonderfully through the whole movie. Then after the movie we went to Subway for lunch with yet another Christmas gift certificate. Another absolutely fabulous meal! I could eat Subway everyday! I guess it goes back to the old days when Robby and I worked at Hogi Yogi and I ate sandwiches any time I wanted! We went home and during Nathan's nap Emily and I got gas for the van and picked up some peanut butter M&M's for the Wii party tonight. We stopped by mom's house and their Jessica gave me more movie tickets-YEAH! Now we just have to find another movie! Kathryn gave me a book and a cd I picked out with her on Saturday night AND the new Harry Potter movie (#6)! We went to our friend and business partner's home (the Larkins) for dinner and some crazy Wii partying. I finally learned to play Mario Party and started to enjoy it. Kara gave me a beautiful new complete bedset that even included throw pillows! Her mother-in-law made me homemade salsa and a bag of chips. I was in hog heaven, let me tell you! We were there until 10:30 that night, way to late for the kids, but we all had a lot of fun! My birthday present from Robby was a picture of the 2 of us. Getting that man to take a picture with me is like pulling teeth! Aren't we just the cutest couple? :)

















Friday Jan. 1
Happy New Year! Wow, we are already to 2010! As I little girl this year seemed so far away, and now I'm living it. In Back to the Future, they use the date of 2015. That is only 5 years away!!!!! That movie being made in the early 80's and I don't think the world will look the way they projected it in the movie! Every year Uncle Larry and Aunt Susan have a big Pew get together with all of mom's cousins. This year Aunt Susan got a couple of her horses out for the kids to ride. Oh my were they on cloud nine! Emily was able to feed her horse grass and even a carrot. On the way home she asked for a horse of her own for her next birthday. "Do we have enough money to get a horse, or do we need much, much more mom?" I laughed and added about 500 more much's to the list but she wasn't deterred! She is bound and determined to get a horse and keep him in our backyard. Dream big cute girl! Mom gave me some birthday money to buy new king size pillows for our bed, and Robby's parents gave me some money that I put toward new maroon sheets for the bed! When we got home we attacked the Christmas decorations and took them all down and put them away in the attic. Then we rearranged the family and cleaned it really good. Good start for a new year!





Saturday Jan. 2
This morning the kids and I took all 8 of our pillows over to my mom's house to wash them in her front loader machines. So while the pillows washed and dried, I made breakfast and then vacuumed my mom's house in a small payment in return for her water and electricity. Then my friend Sarah treated me to a birthday lunch at Rancho De Tia Rosa. Heaven in my mouth! Sarah mentioned we were celebrating my birthday, and at the end of the meal, they brought me fried ice cream! What a treat! Then we were off to Wal-mart and she got me some more throw pillows for my bed! She purchased 2 maroon ones to match the sheets I bought yesterday and a navy blue one to go with navy blue accent in the room! I have the best friends in the world! I came home and finally put my new completed and washed bed together! Robby says we now have a fancy-shmancy bed! I love it! I'm still working on the arrangement of the throw pillows, but this set is SOOOOOOO much nicer than any of the other bed sets I have owned! Thank you to all who contributed! Kara-bed set, Mom-king size pillows, Sarah/Ben-throw pillows, Bob/Lil-sheets! I am one happy girl every time I walk in my room. Added bonus: I'm actually excited to make my bed each morning so I can doll it up! Tonight we had pizza and let the kids have a "picnic" with homemade pizza in the family room while we watched #6 Harry Potter.













Sunday Jan. 3
This morning when I woke up, no matter how hard I tried to fight it, I had the mood of "Woe is me" all morning. I hate these days! My life truly is a blessing, so I don't know why I get to really discouraged moments. But today at church the testimonies that were born in Sacrament meeting and the lesson that was given in Young Womens was exactly the kick in the behind that I needed to remind me that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know everything I am going through. I am a daughter of God and he only wants the best for me and blesses me with the things I need in his time, and not the time I think would be best to receive them. That in and of itself is my greatest blessing. I know that I would really mess up my life if me, as a finite person, controlled everything. But God as an infinite person, can see what will benefit me the most and bless my life to the fullest, so much better than I could ever do for myself. My heart was so full that I shared my testimony at the end of Young Womens and cried though the whole thing. I am such a blessed person and I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for how richly he has blessed my life! This afternoon I followed this tutorial http://treyandlucy.blogspot.com/2009/12/hanging-dishtowel.html and sewed potholders onto dishtowels so that they will no longer fall off the oven door handle. Nathan drives me crazy because he will walk by the first time and knock it off, then walk by a second time and stomp on it, then last but not least will come back again and drag it across the floor. You think this is over a period of time...Oh No! It is a matter of a few short seconds. And he thinks I don't notice! Think again boy! It is chaos trying to keep it hanging up!!!! No I have 8 towels and 12 dishtowels that I can change them everyday and avoid the stinky/moldy smell! Then Robby got out his guitar and played some music for the kids and let them play with the strings and make their own music. I love that we have musical kids and they really enjoyed the special time with daddy! Emily got a hold of the camera and took a few self portraits. This is my favorite! She was so proud to show them to me!









2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I LOVE your new bed spread! I am so glad you had a happy (and yummy) birthday! I love reading your updates and being able to catch up with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the quote at the top! So happy to hear that your birthday was totally awesome. I am amazed that you are able to post something for every day of the week. How great to be able to keep your kids busy and, more importantly, HAPPY.

    ReplyDelete