Sunday, January 10, 2010

What a Full Week!

This week has felt like a roller coaster of ups and downs, loop-dee-loops and way too many upside downs. Thankfully all the downs have ended in ups!

Monday Jan. 4
Today I woke up ready to attack our company website and I thought to myself, "I need to find a certain paper before I can start." Well, needless to say, I spent the ENTIRE day cleaning and organizing and shredding, and never even touched the website. But my desk looks fantastic! I'm glad I didn't take a before picture, it was too embarrassing to show to anyone!





Tuesday Jan. 5
Today was spent working on my menu for the month. Nana offered to take me shopping at Fry's tomorrow, so I needed to have my list ready. So these are all our dinners for the month. They're not in order, or else I feel boxed in, so once I make a meal on the list I cross it off, and go until all the meals have been made.



Wednesday Jan. 6
Today was MAJOR grocery shopping day. Nana is absolutely wonderful and has offered to help us with food the last few months. She tells me to make a list, and she doesn't question anything. I make a menu plan for a month, then make my list, then go through my pantry and frig to see if I am missing anything on my list. My lists are always way too long, and I feel guilty for everything I put in my cart. However I am so very grateful for her help. The menu list makes it so I don't buy excess items that we don't need or candy that we really don't need. The last thing on my list this time was mushrooms and I handed them to Nathan to put in the cart. Well, I turned around for a second, and when I turned back Nathan had opened the package and was eating the mushrooms! After we came home and I put all the food away, we went to the park with some of the ladies and their kids in our ward.





Thursday Jan. 7
Today was definitely a roller coaster day. I received a call at 7:15 that woke me up. It said Maricopa County on the caller id, so I was instantly on the alert that someone in my family was in the hospital. However, I wasn't expecting the voice on the other end. It was a man in our ward telling me that I didn't need to pick up his daughter to take her to preschool today. He then told me his wife had a miscarriage at 21 weeks. I was heartbroken. My mind instantly went to getting a bereavement box to her a soon as possible. My sister Kathryn is part of an organization called Lanee's Legacy that creates boxes for women that lose their babies. http://laneeslegacy.blogspot.com/ I called up Kathryn and she told me where to go and pick up a box. I didn't know if the baby was a girl or boy, so I called back to the hospital and spoke to the husband. I found out that my friend still hadn't delivered the baby, so that made my ergency level go up even further. My friend was having a girl, so I picked up a box and arranged for people to watch Emily and Nathan, and off to the hospital I went. We sat there and cried together. I held her hand and we talked about anything and nothing, and it felt good to be with a friend. I cried most of the day because my heart was hurting for my friend and her family. I'm grateful I was able to be there for a friend, but this day really helped me heal in places I didn't realize were still broken from the time of my miscarriage.





Friday Jan. 8
Today the bugman was scheduled to come and spray the house, so that gave me the extra push to swept and mop my kitchen floor. It was scary! Then I went to Bashas' where they are having a sale that if you buy ground turkey (1.25 lbs. for $5.99-yikes! Can you tell I rarely buy ground turkey?) you get taco seasoning, shredded lettuce, taco shells and cheese for FREE! So we had tacos for dinner tonight! The ground turkey was really good! The whole dinner cost us $6, and we have leftovers for another meal! I like dinners like that!



Saturday Jan. 9
Today was a very full Saturday. I got up and cleaned and vacuumed the family room because we got a new (used) entertainment center from a family in our ward. It was delivered while I was with Mom, Jessica and Kathryn getting a pedicure. Then we went to Paradise Bakery for lunch. That was soooooo good! I loved everything, especially the warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie! There was tons of chocolate-just the way I like them! When I got home the new windshield was being installed on the van. We had a chip on the driver's side that was going to split the window any day. Sure enough, as soon as the repair man touched the window, it split and the windshield was in 4 pieces by the time he got it out of the van. What a blessing we had it fixed today! Then after Nathan's nap, Robby and I dropped the kids off with my mom and went to the mall. Robby received a gift card for Christmas and needed some new Sunday shoes. We had a great time walking around holding hands and talking. It was so nice being able to complete a sentence without a "Mommy?" piping in during the middle of the sentence.












Sunday Jan. 10
Today after church I mentioned to Robby that I had a sweet tooth and then went Visiting Teaching. When I came home, Robby was making a chocolate cake! He even used the heart shaped pans! I have such a wonderful husband! He knows how much I love chocolate cake with chocolate frosting! Well, I love pretty much chocolate anything, but chocolate cake is probably on the top of my list! And I'm not the only one in the family that loves chocolate cake...Look at the chocolate face on my cute boy! You could just eat him up! :)



1 comment:

  1. Just a subtle hint, but January 27th is Chocolate Cake Day. *wink**wink* *nudge**nudge* Don't tell Robby I told you though.

    ReplyDelete