Sunday, January 17, 2010

Whoosh!

Yes, whoosh! That's what this week felt like! For the past few months, weeks have been taking forever to get from Monday to Sunday. This week flew by so quickly, that I'm amazed that it's Sunday again!

Monday Jan. 11
Is it bad that I can't remember a thing we did today? LOL I do remember Nathan trying to walk around by sliding his feet on the pot holders. I think that must have been the highlight of my day. No wait. I do remember something else. Today is the day my ear clogged in the afternoon. It lasted all week long.



Tuesday Jan. 12
This morning I went to the memorial service for the sweet little baby girl that my friend lost last week. The spirit was very strong and there was a healing feeling also in the room. It helped me remember that everything is eternal and that Heavenly Father knows the beginning to the end, and He knows what's better for me than I know for myself, and He does it all because He loves me. Today was a crazy day for the kids! Nathan woke up crazy from head to toe! Literally!!! His hair was not standing up...it was everywhere! It looks like someone teased his hair, but his hair is to thin and fine (like baby hair should be) to tease!!!! Nothing I did tamed it, so I just let it go! We stopped by to see Gran-Nana, and of course the kids had to see if they could catch one of her 4 fish. Thankfully I can report the fish were faster than my kids and they are all safe! Mom called and said she had a 2 gallons of milk that had expired the day before and needed to be used quickly. She knows we go through almost a gallon a day, so we picked up the milk and made TAPIOCA PUDDING! Emily loves to help cook, and stirring is her favorite thing to do. So I was more than willing to let her stir and I took a break. That's the one thing I don't like about tapioca pudding...you have to stand there for what feels like hours, just stirring. No fun, but the taste afterwards really makes up for it, so I shouldn't complain!





Wednesday Jan. 13
Now don't think badly of me. I really want my home decorated, especially my kids rooms. So when my sister in law gave me these cute frames and my kids initials that she painted to hang on the wall, I was so excited. Now here's the bad part. She gave them to me for Nathan's baby shower.....2 1/2 years ago! I finally put pictures in them tonight and Robby helped me hang them up!!!!! I was so excited! The kids love them and look at me like, "Why didn't you decorate my room earlier?" I'm now motivated to work on more of my home and make it feel more like home with all the items I have purchased to decorate, but have never actually decorated with.





Thursday Jan. 14
This morning Robby shocked me by waking up at 7am. That is big for a guy that never gets out of bed before 9:30 no matter what. So I took advantage of being up early and went to the grocery store for milk and fresh veggies. When I came home, Robby was making crepes. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I love crepes, and so Robby found a recipe on line, and made a double batch. I had way to many, but I was one happy girl the rest of the day! All except for the earache that started late afternoon! No fun! Tonight Robby and I attacked, yes attacked, the toy area of our family room. 2 hours later we surfaced after finding carpet and reorganizing the toys and furniture. I had put cleaning this part of the room off for too long. The kids had dumped puzzles everywhere and mixed up the pieces, taken most of the toys out of the totes and spread them around, and taken all of the play food out of the bucket. It was a great time spent with Robby, so I'm counting it a sucess.





Friday Jan. 15
Remember my ear problems? Yeah, well I ended up calling the doctor and setting up an appointment for early this morning. I was sure with the pain I was experiencing I had an ear infection. Well, I go in-no temperature. Ok...good sign. The doctor checks my left ear...all looks good (duh, that's the ear that doesn't hurt). The doctor checks my right ear...she can't see into my hear because there's something in the way. She has the nurse come in and flush my ear. Um can we say OUCH?!?! She has a squirt bottle with a hose that goes into my ear. She squirts 3 times then stops. I was still ok at this point. Then she says she going to try again, and try again she did. This lasted for about 2-3 minutes and I thought my right ear drop was going to relocate to my left ear. She finally got the desired result. A piece of wax the size of a small pea comes out. EWWWW! No wonder I hurt and couldn't hear very well. I'm so glad that's out! Emily's preschool teacher had a bench that has a toy compartment that she no longer needed and asked if we would like it. So I brought it home and we love it. Emily likes that she fits inside, I like that all the stuffed animals hide inside. Emily helped me clean it off, and Nathan and Emily use it as a stage to show off their dancing skills.





Saturday Jan. 16
This morning we went to mom's house and Robby rototilled her garden. Funny thing...Robby is the only one that can start mom's rototiller. No joke. Everyone else has tried, begged, pleaded, bribed, and cried. Robby tweaks it with a screw drive, pulls once on the pull-string, and it starts. We all get a good laugh out of that. We can do they same thing Robby does, nope, it still wants him. So this is his yearly garden job. We are having a family garden this year and we are all really excited to have fresh veggies we pick ourselves. Tonight we started our "we will clean the entire family room before we good to bed" routine. It went well, and now I know where all of Emily's shoes were hiding. She decided to stack up all her shoes to carry them to her room. Yes she's a shoe freak.





Sunday Jan. 17
After church I let the kids play with the hand boppers that came yesterday. They had way too much fun punching each other. Nathan picked up another word today too. Punch. Everytime he hit Emily he would say it. However, Nathan would get frustrated because Emily hits harder and can knock him over. He would throw the "gloves" and walk away, then come back and try again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...those crepes look so yummy!! And I am so sorry about your ear. Good thing you went and got it checked out!!

    ReplyDelete